THERE ARE SOME CHANGES FOR SUBMITTING PROJECTS FOR SCREENING.
For information and deadlines for SCREENING, please check the SCREENING INFORMATION and SCREENING DEADLINES page.
The Adult Advisor (Teacher/Advisor or Sponsor)…
- takes responsibility for submitting and signing paperwork. If the project was done at school, the sponsor is also responsible for active supervision of the experimentation.
- is responsible for working with the student to evaluate any possible risks involved in order to ensure the health and safety of the student conducting the research and the humans and/or animals involved in the study.
- must review the student’s Project Proposal Plan and ensure that:
a) experimentation is within GSDSEF rules and regulations, state, and Federal laws and Intel ISEF rules;
b) any special Certification forms required are completed and signed, or check with the Scientific Review Committee for approvals.
c) forms are completed by other required adults before the student begins the project;
d) criteria for the Qualified Scientist adhere to those set forth below.
- is responsible for ensuring the student’s research is eligible for entry in the GSDSEF.
- keeps on file student’s Project Proposal and any other needed completed/signed Certification forms.
- ensures students follow all deadlines.
- ensures students submits project for screening before the school deadline.
- informs students of status or project (Recommended/Not Recommended) and screener’s comments.
- ensures students who have been “recommended” complete the 2 Part Application process (online application and mail-in completed/signed Information/Signature form with fee payment).