The SAB has a new name - the Student Leadership Board!!!
At out first meeting of 2018-2019 school year, our members voted to change the name from Student Advisory Board (SAB ) to Student Leadership Board (SLB) to better represent the function of this subcommittee.
WHO WE ARE…
The Student Leadership Board (SLB) represent the most motivated students of the Greater San Diego Science Fair. We bring the students’ perspective to the Greater San Diego Science & Engineering Fair. Our role in the GSDSEF is to support our fellow students with supplementary workshops and Family Day to encourage science and enge. We work with the Management Committee to support and promote the GSDSEF.
WHAT WE DO…
The SLB members…
- help plan and present Greater San Diego Science & Engineering Fair “How to...” workshops for student exhibitors, and assist with other outreach activities
- mentor prospective Science Fair students from project idea generation to experimental setup,
- volunteer at the science fair where we help with setup, check-in, project board size and safety check, tear down and clean up,
- help plan and organize Family Day activities,
- select outstanding projects to receive the SLB Award,
- help design the current year’s T shirt logo,
- act as year-round ambassadors to schools and communities, and
- work with the Management Committee to support and promote the GSDSEF
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN…
The SLB is a great place for students of all backgrounds to come together to enjoy science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, share their enthusiasm by mentoring other students, and enhance their leadership skills.
For information on the Student Leadership Board and our activities, contact us at
For general information or specific questions on the Greater San Diego Science & Engineering Fair process, screening, Scientific Review, etc. please use the Contact Us Online link in the CONTACT INFO section below.