SCREENING 2016 INFORMATION
- The dates for online project screening submission into the GSDSEF 2016 can be found here.
- Find out what what screeners are looking for.
FREE Science Fair Workshop – November 15, 2015
- November Workshop – Flyer added Nov. 5, 2015
- The first workshop will be held on Sunday, November 15, 1:30-3:30 at Mission Trails Park Visitor Center Meeting Room.
- View the flyer and workshop details – FREE Workshop Nov. 2015.
- Screening Fair
- Information regarding the GSDSEF screening process (including deadlines) will be posted soon.
- California State Science Fair 2016
- The 2016 Fair will be held Monday and Tuesday, May 23-24 at the California Science Center in Los Angeles.
San Diego County Teacher of the Year
“Congratulations to our Director, Shirley, for being honored at last Saturday night’s gala ‘Salute to Teachers’ award ceremony! Shirley was named one of five teachers from San Diego County who will now compete for statewide honors. We are very happy for her and wish her well in the next phase!”
– Phil Gay, President
- San Diego County Office of Education Press Release
- San Diego Union Tribune article
- KUSI Morning News interview
- San Diego Unified School District announcement
Broadcom MASTERS Results
Sebastian Mellen was awarded the Marconi/Samueli Award for Innovation ($10,000) for his vision and promise as an innovator who, in the spirit of radio inventor Guglielmo Marconi, demonstrated aptitude and skill in technical and mathematical concepts both with his science fair project and throughout team challenges.
Mellon was inspired by teachers who struggle with grading students’ self-written examinations and classmates who wrestle with math and physics homework. To make their lives easier, Mellon applied his math and engineering acumen to design and develop an Android app that can do a broad range of algebra calculations routinely used in math, physics and other sciences.
Complete results are found at: Winners
Letter to Teachers – September, 2016.
- The 2016 Letter to Teachers can be found here.
- If you didn’t receive the letter, please contact email Wendy (Screening / School Relations) to ensure your correct email address is on file.
2016 GSDSEF Handouts
- Student Sample Notebook, Teacher checklist and all 2016 Forms are now available! They can be found at “Participate in the Fair“.
2016 Fair Dates Announced!
- Mark your calendars! The 2016 Fair will take place on March 15 – March 20, 2016. Registration will take place on Tuesday, March 15. All participating students must be present on Wednesday, March 16 for Judging Day. Tear-down is on Sunday, March 20.
Congratulations to the 2015 Winners!
- Place Awards (alphabetical)
- Complete Awards List
- Professional Society Awards – coming soon!
- Special Awards
View the CA State Science Fair and Broadcom Masters list nominated list.