2020 STUDENT TOUR:
San Diego Zoo - "Inside Story"
Friday, March 13, 2020
Tour Time: 10:00 am to 12:00 am
Cost: $12.50 per student and per chaperone
Maximum number of students: 80
Tour includes: entry fee, bus tour of the park, and behind the scenes tour to be selected by tour guide(s).
** Meeting Time 9:15 am at BPAC - Student exhibitors and chaperones meet at Balboa Park Activity Center to check in with GSDSEF Student Science Tours Coordinator by 9:15 am and will walk to the San Diego Zoo with chaperones. Students will return to the BPAC at approximately 12:30 pm for parent pickup. Students must wear their official student exhibitor name badge!!
SPECIAL NOTES FOR STUDENT SCIENCE TOURS:
- Student exhibitors must sign up and pay for these optional tours in advance.
- Students who have signed up after the maximum number has been reached will be put on a "wait list."
- Students must check in at the Student Tours desk at the Balboa Park Activity Center (BPAC) on Tuesday, March 10 during Check-in and Project Set-Up Day to pay for tours and check status on wait list. Wait list is based on first-come-first-serve time stamped sign up. Credit card and cash will be accepted.
- No refunds can be given on or after the day of the tour in case of no-show or late cancellation. Students who have not paid for their tour by Tuesday, March 10, 2020 will lose their reservation.
- Student exhibitors must meet at the designated location at the designated time for the tour to check in with the Student Tours Coordinator and will be accompanied by adult chaperones to the tour.
- STUDENT EXHIBITORS MUST WEAR THEIR OFFICIAL NAME BADGE ON ALL STUDENT SCIENCE TOURS!!!
- Replacement badges will be NOT be given to attend Student Science Tours.
- Student exhibitors must return to the designated location with their tour chaperone when the tour is over.
- In order to participate in the GSDSEF Student Science Tours, student exhibitors must follow their school's field trip attendance procedures as the tour may occur on a school day.
- Parent Chaperones: If you would like to be a parent chaperone, please check in for availability and pay at the Student Tours desk on Tuesday, March 10, 2020.
- Only Student Exhibitors may participate in the GSDSEF Student Science Tours.
These optional Student Science Tours are dependent upon minimum and maximum number of students.
- No refunds if students missed the tour, are a no-show at time of departure from the BPAC/designated meeting location, or are cancellations within 48 hours of the tour. If a cancellation is necessary, CONTACT US with complete student information and tour information before 48 hours of the tour.
- If a tour is cancelled due to the minimum number not met, paid students will be refunded their money.
- If a tour has reached maximum capacity, students still on the wait list of a tour and who had paid in advance will be refunded their tour money.