Congratulations and Best Wishes to all the 2017 GSDSEF California State Science Fair and Broadcom Masters participants!
To view 2017 Broadcom Masters GSDSEF Nominated Projects Grades 7 & 8 click on this red link:
GSDSEF # USCA05 2017 bdcm
Deadline for Making an Application to Broadcom Masters is JUNE 14, 2017, 8 p.m. ET
Requirements for Nominated Students:
Each student may submit only one entry. Each student is required to complete ALL sections of the online application, which includes the uploading of the following required documents (you will be prompted within the application):
- Permission Form (REQUIRED, found in this packet or available online)—Student promises to adhere to ethics statement; parent or guardian grants permission to participate and share student information.
- Visual Aid (REQUIRED)—provide data that supports your research.
- Fair Paperwork (as applicable)—Projects involving humans, vertebrate animals or potentially hazardous biological agents require pre-approval and evidence of Scientific Rules Committee (SRC) or Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval. More information is available in the application.
- Each student must work independently on all application questions (for team projects, each team member must also answer each question individually, as applications are judged separately).
- The student’s work should be free of scientific fraud and misconduct, including plagiarism, forgery, use or presentation of other researcher’s work as one’s own, and fabrication of data. Fraudulent projects will fail to qualify for the Broadcom MASTERS competition and the Society reserves the right to revoke recognition of a project subsequently found to have been fraudulent.
- Student must submit his or her entry by the final submission deadline of June 14, 2017. The Broadcom MASTERS application will open for nominees on February 1, 2017 and will remain open to students after the affiliated fair nomination process. After June 14, 2017 we will send each entrant that has completed the application a Broadcom MASTERS t-shirt. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
Access to the Broadcom MASTERS Student Application
Once you have opened your application, you may save your work and return as many times as you wish until June 14. · Visit broadcommasters.fluidreview.com. Open an application by entering your email address, username and fair password: USCA05, to create an account.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THEM AT: MASTERS@SOCIETYFORSCIENCE.ORG
2017 California State Science Fair Qualified Projects:
San Diego’s deadline for applications was Thursday, 3/23/17
click here for more information: Q950
Planning for 2018 GSDSEF Fair
We are in need of people to help fill volunteer positions with the Science Fair.
THE VOLUNTEER CHAIR AND CO-CHAIR POSITIONS need to be filled ASAP
Other positions are also needed ASAP
Please call Phil Gay if you can help us 619-697-2024 thanks!!
You can read more about volunteering at the GSDSEF here on our website. If you’d like to volunteer with a friend, you can both co-chair a position!
LETTER TO TEACHERS coming SEPTEMBER 2017 outlining procedures for 2018 fair
The 2017 Fair was held the week of March 14 – March 19 at the Balboa Park Activity Center, 2145 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA, 92101.
It was a great success just ask the 640+ students who participated!
View archived Results for 2015 and 2016 fairs: (2017 info will be added soon!)